Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2011 Breeding Resume.

Hello, Im following a tip from Justin of J.Kobylka Reptiles. (well, there is no harm in trying, or experiment, right) That give the breeding snakes a 1 week rest every month.
It does give a very valid point (who you are kidding, an advice from justin kobylka lol)
1st. it rest both the pairing.
2nd. it keep the stress back to minimum.
3th. time for me to take a rest too. haha.. im following a 3-days on/off pairing.
4th. it keeps my rat/mic production in check. Pounding my rodents every 3-days, make my stocks in chaos. Take this word from me, I breed & also buy. (i need to be fully prepare for the coming snake babies, hopefully)
5th. importantly, time for me to check the condition of my animals.
So after the 1 week rest, I went back to breeding, after a few hours, this happen..

Butter X Crocky (Normal), which will give Normals & Butter.

Pastel x Genetic Stripe, which will give Pastel & Normal 100% het Genetic Stripe.
I pair the Genetic Stripe with a Butter last month too. So, roulette breeding on this one, but hope both Pastels & Butters will turn out on this one. lol..
My most anticipate pairing. I strictly place a Butter & this "Pastel" to breed with my streak. (hopefully, he's a Pastel Yellowbelly)
Pastel (hopefully its a Pastel Yellowbelly) X Silver Streak.
If the Butter was the father, hoping for the Butter Black Pewter.
If the Pastel (hopefully Pastel Yellowbelly), wish to nail the SilverStreak Belly. (Can I call it that?? lol)
But even if the pastel is just a Pastel, a SilverStreak the most wont be too bad + a super pastel & a black pewter in the mix.
Maybe its the non-stop raining for 2-days now.. or maybe, the 1 week rest gave them full energy. Anyhow, its pairing & pairing.. until *jeng jeng* ovulation..

Captive-breed Ball Pythons in Brunei? Well, its too soon to say.. But wish me all the best..


2 comments:

H. said...

Hi Ed,
best of luck with the breeding! Am a reptile enthusiast myself and hope to move to Brunei soon. Have kept carpet pythons, blackheaded pythons, diamonds and water pythons in the past. Would love to have a pet ball python! Great pictures, all the best once again!
Harold

Eddie HM said...

nice to know you. holla me when u reach brunei. need more reptile enthusiast to run the community.. ;o)